Welcome to our green news page with regular updates from Geoff Day, our Environmental Advisor. Hear all about the steps we’re taking to become a more eco-friendly business, from sustainable sourcing to developing the woodland on our island home. As always, we welcome your feedback – simply leave a comment on any blog post or email us at email@example.com
Read latest news:
- The Green House – phase twoWe have now pretty much completed our move into the new phase two of The Green House, and are starting to settle into our office area with its views over our woodland and across the valley where Ryde town is situated.
- Feed the birdsI’m sure it won’t have escaped your notice that the UK is experiencing a very mild autumn this year.
- Sheer Skin Tint: Reduce, Re-use, RecycleWith the launch of Sheer Skin Tint, we’ve made available samples of all three shades, so you can find the right one for you before you buy the full-size version.
- Our bees summer holidayLast Saturday we took our bees from The Green House for a short holiday.
- Plastic and our environmentWhen it comes to the environment, plastic gets a raw deal – often being blamed for using up our petrochemical oil stores, filling up our landfills and poisoning our soils.
- Happy pottingAdopting and adapting the environmental mantra ‘reduce, re-use, recycle’ to my garden has been easier in some areas than others.
- Easy guide to compostingCompost is plant matter broken down by the action of bacteria, fungi and minibeasts like worms and millipedes.
- Our bee diaryIn the summer of last year, we established a beehive at The Green House. Bees play a vital part in so much of our food production.
- A sweet treat for our Liz Earle beesOur bees feeding on the sugar fondant on top of their hive.
- Progress, not perfectionIn 2007 our Tread Lightly newsletter explained how we were beginning our journey towards a greener business. Now four years on our environmental expert Geoff Day talks about the progess we've been making.